A modern intranet for Kerry Group
Kerry Group is a food ingredients and flavours manufacturer, head quartered in Kerry Ireland.
Kerry Group is the largest player in the ingredients and flavours market, and a leading supplier of added value brands and customer branded foods to Irish and UK markets.
The group has 150 manufacturing facilities worldwide and sales in 140 countries and employs 25,000 people globally through its manufacturing, sales, technology and application centres across Europe, North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand and Asian markets.
Kerry Group were facing two core digital employee experience challenges:
- The existing intranet was outdated:
The existing intranet was difficult to use and was developed on SharePoint On-Prem which was in the process of being deprecated.
- A new communications platform was coming
The organisation were moving away from SharePoint news and was bringing Workplace from Meta in to connect the entire 25,000 employees across the frontline and desk-based.
Cocentric were engaged as part of a wider programme of work to partner with Kerry Group and deploy Workplace from Meta and One Digital Workspace to address the challenges.
Kerry Group needed a solution to bring their digital landscape together with new platforms, providing easier pathways into knowledge, comms and applications.
One Digital Workspace by Cocentric is an integrated intranet solution that enriches Microsoft SharePoint, providing an enhanced user experience and improved usability. Accessible by desktop or mobile, MyKerry has been placed at the centre of the Kerry Group’s digital workplace integrating with a range of the existing platforms and applications:
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Workplace from Meta
- Office 365
MyKerry surfaces personalised and promoted content from Workplace from Meta, along with personalised user content across Office 365. MyKerry – One Digital Workspace features:
- Workplace from Meta – Surfacing global and regional and promoted communications
- Favourite Quicklinks – Users can create and manage their own links alongside business links
- Office 365 – Displaying users documents and frequent sites
- Navigation – An organisation wide header and footer navigation that is centrally controlled being deployed to various sites and pages across the business.
MyKerry was launched in 2021, providing easier pathways into knowledge, communications and applications to over 25,000 global employees anywhere, any time.
MyKerry solves the four key challenges that Kerry were facing, they now have:
- Moder intranet, using an updated infrastructure
- Existing platform supporting day-to-day work
- A platform integrating with modern tools
- Optimised employee user experience